Welcome, blogstalkers!NEW BLOG HERE!
I just returned from a weekend of reconnecting and recharging with several of the funniest, most talented, most intelligent women I've ever had the honor of meeting. When the idea of a Pinkle Toes workshop reunion first came up last year, I never imagined it might actually happen. I was also a bit concerned about mixing people from different workshops--*I* knew all of the ladies, but I wasn't quite sure how everyone would get along. But from the first 10 minutes of sitting in the hotel room with the group and laughing until we cried, all of my concerns flew out into the windy city.
I think I left a little bit of my heart in Chicago. I'd never been there, but I was completely blown away by how clean, fun, vibrant, and eclectic it was. I had my first Chicago style hotdog (YUM! - going to introduce the kids to this at dinner tonight ;-) and I think it's safe to say that ALL of us LOVED "the bean" (Cloud Gate).
I'd like to say I'll come back and blog more of the BAZILLION pics we collectively took during this trip, but just in case that might fall through (which it probably will), I'll go ahead and sum it up here: easily one of the most enjoyable, fun-filled weekends of my life and I feel extremely lucky to call these women friends. I would recommend (and use!) any of these photographers in a heartbeat:
- Carol with Freckle Face Photography - Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
- Shona with Shona Reid Photography - Ottawa, Canada
- Sarah with Sarah Jordan Photography - Boston, MA
- Lena with Live, Love, Laugh - Northern New Jersey and New York, NY
- Janie with Janie Jones Photography - Kansas City, MO
- Leah with Leah Cook Photography - Dallas, TX
- Minnette with Minnette Demafiles Photography - Houston, TX
- Stacy with Anastasia Marie Photography - Peoria and central IL
- Heidi with Heidi Drexler Photography - St. Louis, MO
And of course, my mom...AKA MeeMaw.
Thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart!
[Oh, and to the girls that couldn't make it or to those who just came to workshops this year, we are very excited that plans are in the works for another one. It's just going to get bigger and better I know it!]