I’ve been working with this family since big sister was first born (I find myself saying that a lot when blogging, but it’s true!) and each session has been wonderful. But this time, walking up to the house took my breath away because it was the first time I had ever seen it decked out for Christmas! Everything looked so magical and absolutely beautiful! It was a perfect opportunity to capture the children’s wonderment in addition to the love and incredible bond they share as a family. My favorite little holiday moment is HERE.
After I was treated to the sweetest little piano recital and after we finished ooohing and ahhhhing over all of the lovely lights, we braved the slightly chilly temps to check out the children’s awesome new playscape. How blessed they are to have these two loving parents willing and excited to play with them outside and spin them on the tire swing and cheer them on as they fly down the slide! I know these memories will stay with them all of their lives.
To close the session, the kiddos wanted to flip through each of their First Year photo albums and I just couldn’t help but to get emotional. I remember each of those sessions very, very well, but still looking through those images, more memories came flooding back. I still see so much of their baby features but I also see those baby features melting away year after year (especially with big sister’s first tooth lost). It made my heart burst with joy to see the children enjoying the photos of their babyhood so much! It was the perfect way to end our annual photo session!
One quick note about holiday photos, by the way. I just finished the first weekend of the 5th annual Pinkle Toes Kids-Only Holiday Minis and it was a blast! We have just a few openings left for the final weekend (Dec 4-6), so if you’d like info on how to snag your FREE mini for the kiddos, please drop us a line. If you missed it, you’ll want to check out some of the images from this weekend HERE ;-).
It took us a little while to solidify a concept for this session (we’ve had so many wonderful times in the past), but once the wardrobe was planned out, it was a no-brainer. I’ve been wanting to do a chic, classy, city-inspired session at night in downtown Austin for some time and this was the PERFECT family to convey this vibe. And they absolutely NAILED it! I loved the personality that just couldn’t be contained in their kiddos. I loved the contrast of chic, classy, wardrobe and the silly faces they couldn’t help but to make. I loved the plush interior of the hotel and the sparkling lights at dusk. It was just all-around perfection and such a blast! Fav moment right over HERE.
The 5th Annual Pinkle Toes Kids-Only Holiday Mini sessions start THIS WEEKEND…I can’t believe it! I’m so excited about this set “Santa’s Workshop” and cannot thank Julie enough for her amazing design work and clever creativity. She blew me away and I so look forward to sharing this imagined world with all of the kiddos. We have a few openings left for this Sunday, I believe, and then a couple more for the first weekend of Dec. Please send in a session inquiry ASAP to find out more details!
Okay, so my two boys are about the same age difference as these two brothers, but I gotta say how LUCKY this family is that those brothers love each other as much as a they do! I mean I don’t know if I’ve ever seen my boys get along like this…not now and certainly not 9 years ago either. And it’s not forced at all…they are buds…”Nano” worships his older brother and his older brother dotes right back. I also have to admit I never dressed my boys this hip. Not now and certainly not 9 years ago either ;-). My favity fav family pic can be found HERE.
NOTE: If you are a past client of Pinkle Toes Photography, you should have received an e-mail about some pretty special things going on next year. If you didn’t get that e-mail, let me know and I’ll be sure to pass it along to you. If aren’t a Pinkle Toes client yet, you might want to be. 2016 is going to be a super year for Pinkle Toes and everyone with which I get to work ;-).
Ten years ago, they began their life together when they married right here at Old Glory Ranch in Wimberley, Texas. We went back to that beautiful, charming place as they marked this momentous occasion and celebrated their 10 years as husband and wife and reflected on what must have been one of the most challenging years of their lives. The trials they faced in 2015 only made them stronger and more loving and more appreciative of the simplest and purest joys. In the years that I have known them, I’ve seen their connection and how they adore their family, but this year in particular, after surviving two of the biggest scares imaginable, that glow has been magnified times a thousand…
Wearing her mother’s wedding dress. I certainly hope that one day, if she gets married, these images are on display at her wedding.
One of my FAVS HERE.
These are also the pink Converse her mommy wore when she got married!
Just a few days after our time here at Old Glory, Amy got the most miraculous news: her tumor is gone! I can’t even tell you how loud I shouted when I read that wonderful, wonderful news. I am just blown away by the grace and determination with which Amy defeated this cancer. She is the ultimate inspiration!
I am aware that my contact and reservation forms are not working correctly this morning. I’m looking into it and will try to get everything up and running again ASAP. Hang in there!
He cooperated so perfectly for his newborn photo session! I was so surprised at how quickly it went and kept thinking surely we forgot something, but nope. He was just completely content…slept peacefully for the first half and then woke up to show off his adorable smile and DIMPLES in the second half. Interesting story: his mommy started having contractions the morning the moving trucks showed up at their old house to move them into the new house. All day long, they moved as her labor kept progressing. Last box unloaded, off to the hospital they went and he was born that evening! Isn’t that crazy?!? To represent that big day, we took THIS ;-).
And also, here’s a short trip down memory lane to the maternity photo session we did out here at the studio not too long ago:
I’ve been working with this family for so many years, but when I arrived for this particular photo session, I was totally like one of those Aunties who just couldn’t stop saying things like, “Oh, my! You are so grown up!!” or “The last time I saw you, you were only this tall!” or “I just can’t believe how grown up you look!” and other completely annoying, but absolutely true things like that. I’m pretty sure I embarrassed the kids (kids? more like young adults) like crazy, but I can only hope that they will forgive me and one day, when they are my age and experience this for themselves, they will understand why my jaw fell to the floor when I saw them.
As always, Joy (the pupster), brought us all plenty of smiles and giggles and made me want a doggie just like her. When the time came for the paddle boards, I didn’t believe it when they told me Joy absolutely has to join them or she gets upset. Sure enough, she walked right out there onto the paddle boards and loved every second of it! I was completely amazed! Fav paddle board image HERE. I also got to get a glimpse into the talents of these two kids…er…young adults. I could have listened to them play music all afternoon long! And, the best surprise was when I got to meet their bird, Angel, who absolutely adores Dad. It was hilarious to see how protective she was over him.
I have to say, I’ve loved each time I’ve gotten to play with this family, but this was probably one of my most favorite sessions with them to date. It was just so relaxed and personal and I was beaming for the Mom, who has so much to be proud of (yes, I know it’s a dangling preposition, but I don’t want to sound pretentious ;-).
1) Tell us a little bit about your family… Two kids, 16 year old Michael and 13 year old Grace.My Mom, Jana, aka Mema. Super awesome kids except for the fact that Michael looks like he is in front of a firing squad when asked to put his arm around ANY family member for the photo shoot! And lets not forget sweet Joy, our favorite Westie and Angel(our not so favorite old fart bird who has an attitude)
2) What made you decide this was the time to do a photo session? Were you marking any special occasion, etc? Try to do it every two years. Moved into a new house!
3) Where was your session held and why? At our house. Thought it was appropriate as we had our last photo session at our old house.
4) What was your favorite part of your session? watching the kids on the paddle boards
5) Was there anything you were nervous or worried about before the session? Always worried about the clothes and if Michael will smile and not look like we are killing him!!
6) Any funny stories or interesting happenings during your session? Michael almost fell off the board trying to do a yoga pose on the paddle board.
7) Any advice to other families before their photo sessions? Drink a HUGE margarita!!!
8) What made you choose Pinkle Toes Photography? Love Michelle!! She does awesome work!!
9) What do you hope your kids/family will say years down the road when looking at these images? We had a lot of fun even though Mom made us do it!!
I get choked up to think that I’ve been working with him since he was in his mommy’s tummy. I remember each of our sessions together in great detail, but this one really struck me. He was ON for this session…so engaged, so charming, so much fun. He was such a little ham! I feel pretty honored to get to work with this dapper little dude! My FAV HERE!
From his Mommy:
1) Tell us a little bit about your family… Happy, grateful, active. We love Henry and he is our entire world. We feel so grateful to have him. He is our everything. Feel blessed beyond measure.
2) What made you decide this was the time to do a photo session? Were you marking any special occasion, etc? We are Pinkletoes through and through!!! Annual shoot around Henry’s birthday starting when I was pregnant and no signs of stopping us!
3) Where was your session held and why? Hotel Ella. We love the traditional architecture and timelessness of the hotel. We also love the idea of shooting in an iconic ‘Austin’-y location.
4) What did you like about your session location? Everything. Mostly, love the second level balcony area with views of downtown Austin and the gorgeous columns.
5) What was your favorite part of your session? Henry was in a GOOD MOOD! He was photo-ready! And thank Goodness he is finally into it.
6) Was there anything you were nervous or worried about before the session? Nothing. Michele can use any location and can turn a parking lot into an award-winning photo. Also, we are Pinkletoes trained! I had my wardrobe changes, my accessories, my props, my snacks, nails checked….I was READY!
7) Any funny stories or interesting happenings during your session? When Henry posed by the vintage car (Vogue) and the crazy pigeons.
8) Any advice to other families before their photo sessions? Come prepared. Engage with the photographer. Relax and be yourselves. Your energy SHOWS in photos. If you are nervous or uncomfortable, it will show. If you are most relaxed in bare feet, then schedule your shoot that way. Be yourself.
9) What made you choose Pinkle Toes Photography? We got LUCKY a long time ago in finding Pinkletoes. We look forward to our annual shoot like it is Christmas.
10) What do you hope your kids/family will say years down the road when looking at these images? “Look at Henry’s smile!”. “How did she get him to do that?” “We look like a happy family”.
Now, the pupster came very close to stealing the show during this awesome family’s downtown Austin photo session, buuuuuut…the girls were so adorable and fun and kept me on my toes so it all evened out in the end. One of my other fav shots HERE and how about this super cool successful HIGH FIVE at the end of the session when mom and dad were congratulating one another on a job well done! Much-deserved, guys!!!!